Setting Up An EBay Account
An American multinational corporation and e-commerce company, EBay Inc., or just ebay, provides business-to-consumer and consumer-to-consumer sales service through the Internet. Its headquarters is in San Jose, California, in the U.S. Founded by Pierre Omidyar in 1995, eBay became a striking success story during the dot-com bubble. eBay is a multi-billion dollar business, whose operations can be found in more than thirty countries.
EBay manages and operates eBay.com, which is an online shopping and auction website, wherein people and businesses buy and sell a wide range of goods and services all over the world. Beyond its sales, which takes on an auction-style, the website has since widened its services to have shopping using ISBN, UPC, or other types of SKU through Half.com, “Buy It Now” shopping, online classified ads through eBay Classified or Kijiji, online money transfers through PayPal, online event ticket trading through StubHub, and other related services.
Note that eBay is not a free website. It charges users an invoice seller fee based on the fact whether they listed or sold any items.
Therefore, for you to receive an eBay sign in, all that is needed from you is a laptop, a desktop, or a mobile device with an Internet connection. Furthermore, you would also need a web browser, like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari.
The benefit of having an eBay login is that it can be accessed in through all web browser programs. More importantly, you can use your eBay account to sell your new and old items, to buy items at more affordable prices, and to get access to products you otherwise would not have.
Found below are the steps and pictures towards getting your very own my eBay sign in online account.
• Open your web browser program and go to the eBay home page at www.ebay.com. Click on the hyperlink, “register” on the upper left portion of the webpage.
• It is not automatic that the web page will look like it does in the first picture. At any rate, you should just look for the “register” hyperlink on the web page and click on it. You can also go directly to https://reg.ebay.com/reg/FullReg?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2F so you do not need to go to the eBay homepage.
• You should remember that it might occur that might find another individual’s eBay UK sign in or even ebay.co.uk sign in and not the previous webpage as in the picture above. If this occurs, sign out first then refresh the web page. If it occurs that the webpage still does not show on your screen, delete the web browser program’s cache, cookies, and/or passwords. If you still cannot see the web page, close your web browser and open the eBay webpage in a different web browser.
• Opening a Personal Account is the default in this case, so these are the steps to owning a my eBay personal online account. Pick your Country/Region, Enter your First name, Last name, Address, Postal Code, City, State, Phone number, Email, and Password. You should enter your password again. Afterwards, enter the numbers in the image to prove you are not a robot and click on the blue “Submit” button. These are all required fields.
• A couple of notes on passwords. Just like any other online account you may have, your eBay online account needs from you a password for safety and privacy purposes. You do not want to be in a situation where other people can get inside your eBay account and buy and sell items under your name, right? Try and read on how you can create strong passwords. Your password must be hard to decipher. As you input your password, the characters will be substituted with dots.
• If you want to create a business account instead of a personal account, click on the “start a business account” on the top of the screen.
• Once you are done creating your personal or business account, congratulations! You already have your eBay online account. Note that typically, the first thing you will see once you have logged in is your my eBay summary.